WildLinks 2015: October 28-30, 2015 Manning Park Resort, British Columbia The Cascadia Partner Forum will be hosting the annual WildLinks gathering to bring together the diverse pool of practitioners working throughout Cascadia to create a more resilient landscape for species and ecosystems today and into the future. The objectives of this year's meeting are:
- Sharing information on current and planned adaptation related efforts in the transboundary region to increase coordination and involvement, while providing opportunities to further such efforts;
- Providing local context and expertise for North Pacific and Great Northern Landscape Conservation Cooperatives’ regional planning efforts;
- Providing updates on, and increase coordination of transboundary science planning for conservation targets selected last year by the Cascadia Partner Forum as priority issues: Salmon, Grizzly Bear, and Ecological Connectivity and recent investments in access management planning in Cascadia’s geographic priority areas;
- Contributing a “Made in Cascadia” perspective to LCC regional science planning for two new priority conservation targets for 2015-2016: Canada lynx and bull trout; Identifying spatial priority areas in Cascadia that are vital for species and ecosystem resilience to climate related changes and broad criteria for building on those priority geographies;
- Continuing to build a network of practitioners whose work includes climate related adaptation and resilience in the Cascadia region.
The forum will build on discussions from the 2014 WildLinks gathering at the North Cascades Institute, download a summary of that meeting here.
Registration is open through October 15, 2015. Registration includes attendance at the meeting, meals, and optional lodging at Manning Park Resort. Registration ranges from $35 – $200. Register online by clicking here, or contact Jen Watkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions or to request an invoice to pay by check or over phone. Limited sponsorships are available upon request.
An event agenda is available, while a more detailed agenda will be posted shortly as the event's organizing committee completes planning. Visit the event webpage for details as they are updated here .