The British Columbia Climate Leadership Team has released a report making 32 recommendations for updating British Columbia's Climate Change policy.
The Climate Leadership Team was mandated to provide advice and recommendations on:
On May 12, 2015, Climate Leadership Team members were announced and the Climate Leadership Team’s mandate was established, to provide advice and recommendations on:
- how to maintain B.C.’s climate leadership;
- updates to the current Climate Action Plan as well as new programs and policies required to achieve British Columbia's greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction targets within the context of economic growth, B.C.’s LNG Strategy and the B.C. Jobs Plan;
- actions to achieve GHG reductions required across the industrial sector, transportation sector and built environment;
- how to further the Province’s government-to-government relationships with First Nations while constructively finding climate solutions; and
- how to further the Province’s collaboration with local governments within the context of mutually-beneficial climate actions.
Environment Minister Mary Polak announced next steps towards developing a Climate Leadership Plan by spring 2016, as she marked the release of the Climate Leadership Team's recommendations for the B.C. government's new Climate Leadership Plan.