Are you an Social Scientist looking for a position in the Federal workforce? *Do you have a passion for the sciences? Do you want to be part of an important aspect of the Federal Government, helping with exciting and groundbreaking incentives? If you answered "yes" to these questions, then this is the job for you! Come join the USGS and start doing the job you've always dreamed of!
As a Social Scientist within the Fort Collins Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- The full scope of the social science research process from the initiation of investigations and planning of methods, through the interpretation of findings and preparation of final reports regarding the human dimensions of climate change.
- Serving as author or coauthor of manuscripts resulting from analysis of data so that the manuscripts are of publishable quality.
- Identifying research funding opportunities that may arise from the USGS or other agencies, or non-governmental organizations.
- Examining existing data sets and analyze or direct technicians in analyzing data from reimbursable projects that the incumbent may develop.
- Serving as peer reviewer for manuscripts and reports. Serving as a member of editorial boards for scientific journals.